Prisms is a group of experienced youth workers that in 2008 came together with the aim of creating an NGO that caters for the requirements of young people and those working with young people. Prisms aims to empower people with the skills, tools, information and values necessary for personal growth and to be active participants within society. Prisms provides to the necessities of the people it works with through innovative non-formal methods of education so as to reach their needs in a holistic manner.
Prisms focuses on coaching and mentoring, online tools, mental wellbeing, inclusion and disability through the following objectives:
- Context out: Prisms strives to connect with young people in their environment. Our youth workers reach out to the young people to understand their living situation, at which point they are in their lives and their key relationships with others,
- Needs-analysis: At the basis of all of our activities lies a person-centred approach that enables us to connect with a purpose. Prisms listens to the young people and their life experiences and together with the young person they identify the needs to be addressed,
- Empower: Prisms believes that every person has potential and through a positive relationship with the young person, it challenges them to set achievable goals for their growth
- Prisms focuses on both the personal and professional development of youth workers. We believe that the general wellbeing of the youth worker is pivotal as they serve as role-models for young people. Developing their intra and inter personal skills enables the youth worker to engage better with the young people they work with. Prisms provides tools to the youth workers to be more self-reflective and identify areas for growth,
- Linked with the above, on a professional level, Prisms offers innovative tools and methods on how the youth workers can reach, connect, engage and empower young people
Prisms has two main target groups;
- 1) Young people aged between 13 and 35 years old
- 2) Youth workers, youth leaders and other professionals that work with young people. There is no particular age range for this target group
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
Leave a Reply ·
You must be logged in to post a comment.